Al-Ibrahim Eye Hospital, a project of Isra Islamic Foundation is situated at distance of 4 KMs from national high way. It is reachable from Qaid-e- Azam International Airport, Karachi in 20 minutes by car.
It was established as a 20 bedded unit in "Community Centre of Murad Memon Goth" in 1990. After 4 years, Govt of Sind handed over 30 bedded Child & Maternity welfare center Old Thana to meet increasing needs of expanding Al-Ibrahim Eye Hospital.
It has grown to 70-bedded teaching hospital in Ophthalmology with one of the best Vitreo-Retina Unit in the country. It is registered with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council and recognized by College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan for Postgraduate Membership and Fellowship programs in Ophthalmology since 1998. It is accredited for Fellowship Training in Vitreo-Retina (2008) and pediatric ophthalmology (2011)
The hospital has 30 Consultation rooms for outpatient services and 6 Operation Theatres with 10 operating tables 500 patients are examined daily and on average 40 surgeries are carried out.
Clinical services since 1990:
- 14,96,439 patients have been examined (Free)
- 5,6140 intraocular lenses have been implanted for cataract
- 4,512 vitrectomies (diseases of retina including bleeding due to diabetes) have been done
- 6,912 patients treated with YAG Laser
- 11052 patients treated with Argon Laser
All surgeries are subsidized through donations and zakat.
- Conducted 296 National (local donors)316 International Eye Camps (sponsored by Al-Baser International).